Information on Security and Baggage Screening Practices
All departing and transfer passengers traveling via Istanbul Airport and their baggage are scanned at security checkpoints to prevent prohibited items from letting inside the security restricted areas and aircraft.
The scanning methods carried out at the security check-points are conducted in accordance with the standards set out in the National Civil Aviation Security Program and its revisions, and the Istanbul Airport Security Program and its revision, as published by the Civil Aviation Directorate General, the Decisions of the Istanbul Airport Security Commission and the recommendations of international organizations, such as the ICAO and the ECAC.
Please consider the following explanations to fasten the security checkpoint processes.
Things You Should Consider When Passing Through the Terminal Entrance Security Checkpoint;
Things You Should Consider When Passing Through Airside Security Checkpoints of Domestic and International Departure Areas;
1. Firearms, other weapons and their components
2. Pointed/Sharp-pointed/Piercing weapons and items
3. Non-sharp/pointed weapons/objects/items
4. Explosives, Explosive Devices and their components
5. Flammable and combustible liquids and gases
6. Nucleear, Biological, Chemical (NBC) and Hazardous/Toxicant Substances
7. Prohibited Liquids/Aerosols/Gels (exceeding 100 ml and not in a 1-liter bag)
8. List of Prohibited Items in Checked Baggage
a) Fuses and Detonators
b) Any kind of Explosive Devices
c) Any explosives
2) Gun powder
3) Plastic explosives etc.
d. Hand grenade
e. Fireworks, sparklers and pyrotechnical materials
f. Explosive capsules
g. Military Ammunition
ğ. Smoke producing cans and cartridges
h. High-risk flammable and combustibles
i. CBRN-RNBC (radiological, nuclear, chemical, biological) materials except for medical use